HFHRC Home Buyer Selection Process
includes the following steps:
- Initial Contact – informal discussion and determination of likelihood of qualification
- Pre-application completion and review
- Formal application
- Supporting documents such as:
- Verification of income - Click to see chart with income range.
- Verification of employment
- Verification of residency (must have lived or worked in Rutland County for at least a full year at the time of the application).
- Credit check
- Landlord and employment references
- Background check
- A home visit is the last step.
Habitat homeowners receive financial education, help build their houses and pay an affordable mortgage. When they partner with us, they start down a new path - one with far fewer barriers to a better, healthier, and more financially stable life. Call or email us to find out if partnering with Habitat is a good next step for you.
We encourage people who are interested in learning about becoming a Habitat partner to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.