Directors present: Dave Pearson, Rebecca Woodard, Christina Gilman, Julia Quimby-Cohen, Melissa Hayden, Eric Solsaa; Others present: Paul Brown, Abby Blair, Jessica Cecot, Cynthia Sheehan, Jeffrey Guevin
Dave Pearson called the meeting to order at 7 PM. The guests in attendance introduced themselves and talked about their interest in HFH.
Julia moved to accept the Minutes of March 4, 2014, Christina seconded. Approved. The Minutes of the Special Meeting of 3/8/14 were tabled pending Chris’s approval.
Dave stated October is Habitat Month and Chris had suggested asking businesses to contribute 1% of sales or profits for Habitat. Julia indicated they are planning this sort of promotion.
Christina reported the Resource Development Committee met on Thursday and again today to discuss many items including the website and donations. Julia is working with a CSC student and Abby Blair and they are meeting on Thursday for website updates. They need a database, Thank You cards, follow up, etc. Awesome Graphics is helping with an info rack card and they need jars for display at stores. They are still gathering information for a kick-off concert – Keighan Nolan has agreed to help and talks are ongoing with CSC. The Committee will prepare specific data for the Board’s approval. Paul volunteered to also talk with the Paramount Theater for ideas. The Committee has received in-kind donations of vacuums, a 6’ ladder, office chair, file trays, microwave and odd tools. Julia indicated Home Depot will contribute $2,000 per month in donation of goods and their team wants to be involved. If the family involves a Veteran member, Home Depot can also provide grants and additional donations (above the $2,000 per month in goods.) Tractor Supply is a partner in ReStore and will help with a birdhouse fundraiser and promotion but they do not have lumber. LaValley’s will be asked to partner for lumber. The event will be a Saturday in May before Mother’s Day.
Site Selection: Dave Pearson indicated the Committee met and reviewed Rutland City vacant lots. After refining the list, Dave has been driving by the locations to further weed out inappropriate parcels. The plan is to write letters to the landowners asking for donations of the land. Regarding the current lots to be donated, Dave updated the owner about our Affiliate status and the owner appears to be ready to complete the transaction. Jeffrey Guevin was asked about certifying title and helping with the closing which he agreed to do. Melissa will provide her search documents.
The Construction Committee hasn’t met since the Retreat as there is not an immediate need to meet.
The Faith Relations Committee report is tabled in Chris’s absence.
The Family Selection Committee – Dave reported that Rob may have a new member however, this committee still needs members.
The guests asked general questions about HFH and Dave gave a summary of mission and also referred them to HabitatLearns.org for more information and history.
Christina moved to adjourn. Julia seconded. All agreed.
Submitted by: Rebecca Woodard, Secretary
Stay up to date with the affiliate! Here is where you will find updates from our meetings..